Saturday 16 January 2010

The octopus dream

Thanks to recent press attention, I've just discovered the Sleep Talkin' Man blog and it's absolutely hilarious!

It got me thinkin' about my sleeping habits. I snore occasionally, and I grind my teeth when I'm stressed out. I think I've only ever sleep talked once or twice, but it's never anything coherent. My dreams however do get very very strange. This one happened quite a while ago, but it is quite bizarre and to this day whenever I think about it, I get kinda creeped out...

I'm seated on the second-to-last row on the bottom deck of a rickety old double-decker bus. On the back row there is a blond haired woman, in her forties, coughing. After a while the coughing gets worse and becomes more of a gagging sound. Then she makes retching noises and hocks up an octopus. The octopus is all slimy and looks 'cartoon-like' - it's under a foot tall but its head is massive, tentacles ridiculously tiny and it has these 'puppy-dog' eyes. It almost looks cute. The octopus then coughs once and dies. The woman starts screaming that her baby has died. That's when I wake up.


2 comments:

  1. I love STM!!!
    And now I found your blog haha, good writing!

    Feel free to drop by my blog :P
    http://maddymad-hatter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome (and I NEVER say that word)

    Excellent...thanking you!

    Consider your blog dropped by and now being followed ;-)

    ReplyDelete