Saturday 9 January 2010

Bitch-ism

It's amazing the things you think about when you're bored.

I'm currently snowed in for the third day in a row and missing my friend's birthday thing. As this is the second time in three weeks I've had to blow off my friends, paranoia set in and I wondered what, if anything, they'd be saying about me.

Then I started thinking about my one of my former co-workers. This girl, who'll I'll refer to as 'J', had some problems. Chronic OCD and major bitch-ism.

I started going through a bit of a rough patch personally and professionally, and on a particularly bad day I made the decision to go to the doctors. Beforehand, I told the members of my team (which included J) that should my doctor offer to sign me off sick that I would accept the offer.

Later I found out she had remarked that me taking some time off would be good. Not for me but for her. Me being off sick would give her the chance to learn new skills by covering my job.

I was touched by her compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment