Monday 26 April 2010

Time for a challenge?

I'm currently feeling like I need a challenge and I've spent the best part of the last few days debating whether to start my own business. It would have to be something that I could do around my current job, and definitely would have to be something I enjoy. If it becomes vaguely successful, then maybe I'll do it full time.

My first idea was about becoming a VA (Virtual Assistant). Virtual Assistance is a bit like temping doing secretarial/admin-type work, but never going into my client's premises. My home would be my work place, the client would only pay me for the work that I did, and they would never meet me...hence the 'virtual' bit. But that idea bit the dust when I remembered that I am a secretary and an office manager, and quite frankly I hate my job.

I'm not saying it's beneath me, but sometimes I feel I can be and do so much more than be chained to a photocopier for hours on end, type until my hands want to drop off, be moaned at because the office is too cold or have people blame me for their mistakes and take credit for my work.

So anyway, my business idea is to...ok, I'm still researching lol

But watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds great! I'm doing a correspondence course in proof-reading and copy-editing in the hope of doing some freelance work. The main aim of my life is to be able to work in my pyjamas - a lofty goal indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pyjama working...that would be the life! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete